During the first half term, we will be discovering what life was like for the Ancient Egyptians. We will be learning about significant people from this civilization, their achievements and the impact that their beliefs had on their daily life and after life.
Fun Facts about Ancient Egypt
- Egyptian men and women wore makeup. It was thought to have healing powers, plus it helped protect their skin from the sun.
- They used mouldy bread to help with infections.
- They were one of the first civilizations to invent writing. They also used ink to write and paper called papyrus.
- The Ancient Egyptians were scientists and mathematicians. They had numerous inventions including ways to build buildings, medicine, cosmetics, the calendar, the plow for farming, musical instruments, and even toothpaste.
- Ancient Egypt plays a major role in the Bible. The Israelites were held captive there as slaves for many years. Moses helped them escape and led them to the Promised Land.
- The Pharaoh kept his hair covered. It was not to be seen by regular people.
- Cats were considered sacred in Ancient Egypt.
Animals including humans:
This term, we will be learning all about digestion and we will be discovering what happens to the food that we eat. Is our digestive system the same as other animals' digestive systems? We will also be learning about our teeth, including the different types and the structure. How do the teeth of an animal give us clues about their diet? Finally, we will be exploring food chains and what animals eat.